2008-01-21

finally bought a bluetooth phone!

After my disillusionment with the Motorola A780, I had switched to a very basic phone, the complete opposite of the then state-of-the-art A780.  I had also realised that when you are buying a fancy phone you are mixing two devices with different service level expectations: the phone and SMS part are much more critical than the rest of the features (camera, web browser, music player, etc).

So I used a lowly Nokia 1112 for about 15 months.  A fine phone it is, and I heartily recommend it.

And then a cousin of mine, visiting from the US, brought me a bluetooth handset as a gift so I had to buy a phone with bluetooth!

I am now looking forward to walking around town with my new Nokia 3110 in my pocket, talking on the ThinkGeek Bluetooth Retro Handset, and watching people's reactions to it :-)

No comments: