2011-02-18

lid starts closing on Nokia coffin

When people like Miguel Icaza start praising the deal, you know it's time to say goodbye to one of your favourite (till last week) companies.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/71380

Apparently he said "the Microsoft/Nokia partnership will save Nokia and increase the relevance of Microsoft's fledgling mobile operating system."

He didn't say "saved from whom" but I presume he means Apple and Android.

Personally, I was very much looking forward to MeeGo, which was looking to be a much more full featured Linux than Android (for hackers who hate Java, Android is just an appliance).

Oh well... I guess I'll stick to my plain (not even a camera or bluetooth) cell phone, and use a laptop/netbook if I really need something smarter.

No comments: